Happy New Year everyone. This, incidentally, is the first post for the year 2006.
Every year at this time of the year, I read lots of people and their predictions for the year â€“ this candidate would win that election, price of this commodity will reach a record price, blah blah blah. Even celebrities like Lillian Too are getting into the act.
OK, let me make some bold predictions for 2006.
- Price of petrol will NOT decrease. In fact, I think it will most likely increase.
- There will be more than a few headlines about some GLC running into some administrative or financial trouble
- The Malaysian football team will NOT win any important tournaments.
- Malaysian life and businesses will come to a virtual standstill some time in July this year. But yet lots of money will change hands.
- There will be a few more horror movies released from Korea and Japan about scary little girl ghosts. Trust me.
- There will be another attempt by Malaysians to enter the Guinness Book of World Records for the category of Longest / Highest / Biggest / Most / Scariest somethingâ€¦ I but really predict the exact details, but I definitely see it in the horizon.
- The KLCI will NOT breach 2000 points.
- The following teams will not win the EPL, or the FA Cup â€“ West Brom, Everton and Portsmouth.
- Next few days there will be one or two articles in the papers about a Chinese / Tamil rural school with only 3 new Primary One students.
- More NS dodgers in the papers.
Letâ€™s hope there will be more good news than bad ones this year.