Iâ€™m bored, so Iâ€™m going to flog a dead horse. If you donâ€™t already know, Xiaxue is a fehmes (â€˜famousâ€™) Singaporean blogger. Very de fehmes.
Shaolin Tiger is neither a Chinese bloke nor a striped feline. Heâ€™s a funny, cool British expat working in a
monastery the IT industry in Malaysia.
I first read from 5xmomâ€™s site about the whole thing. Xiaxue apparently came to KL. She didnâ€™t like some things about it. She bitched complained about it on her fehmes blog.
Shaolin took offence to some of her things she said about Malaysia. You can read it here.
Then a minor hell broke loose (not as big a hell as when Lee Kuan Yew and Tun Mahathirâ€¦ oh, never mind).
Donâ€™t get me wrong. Xiaxue didnâ€™t take it badly, she was quite diplomatic about it. But her fans and hangers-on didnâ€™t do too well. What followed was a barrage of jingoistic mudslinging and country bashing from both sides. I must say the Malaysian bloggers held their own against their Singaporean counterparts, although there were a few exceptions.
Really, if Xiaxue was pretty OK with it, what was the problem? Never mind.
Let me just say I like Singapore, but being Malaysian, Iâ€™ll have to state that my loyalties lie firmly on THIS side of the Causeway.
To add fuel to the fire, let me do my Top Ten List on the friendly neighbours:
Top 5 Things I Dislike About Singapore:
- Crazy taxi drivers stopping everywhere.
- The holier-than-thou attitude.
- Nobody speaks Cantonese, Hakka or Hailam.
- You canâ€™t park your car at the side of the road and eat pasembor from the roadside stall.
- The Phua Chu Kang faux accent is plainly annoying.
Top 5 Things I Like About Singapore:
- Youâ€™ll never get lost in the island. Thirty minutes in any direction youâ€™ll reach the sea.
- You wonâ€™t get chewing gum stuck to the bottom of your shoe.
- Singaporeans fuelling the JB economy.
- VJ Denise.
- Nice zoo.